Prepare for an International Career at the University of Kansas
We are pleased to announce that the Center for Russian, East European & Eurasian Studies (CREES) at the University of Kansas is now accepting applications for the M.A. program in Russian, East European & Eurasian Studies for fall 2018. The deadline to apply to the M.A. program to be considered for funding is January 1st. Please visit our website at crees.ku.edu
The KU Center for Russian, East European & Eurasian Studies (CREES) has been a national leader for the study of the former Soviet Union and Eastern Europe since 1965. The two-year M.A. program offers future professionals advanced knowledge of the languages, arts, literatures, histories, societies, and cultures of Russia, Ukraine, the South Caucasus, Central Asia, and countries of the West Slavic (Poland, Czech Republic) and South Slavic (Balkan) regions. Students will gain advanced language skills and the ability to understand and analyze the complex events, history, and politics of the region. Our REES graduates have become leaders in a wide range of fields, ranging from higher education and government service to work in NGOs and the private sector. We also offer an accelerated graduate program for students wanting to complete their REES MA within a 12-month or 18-month period. The accelerated FASt track is open to all graduate students, but specifically designed for Foreign Area Officers (FAOs).
- Learn from 50+ affiliated faculty, who have conducted field work & research in the region.
- Combine a M.A. degree in Russian, East European & Eurasian Studies with a J.D. in Law
- Apply for a variety of funding opportunities, including the Foreign Language Area Studies (FLAS) Fellowship
- Gain experience as a CREES/FMSO Security Analyst, utilizing regional expertise and target language skills in the analysis of security related issues
- Apply for a Graduate Research Assistantship (GRA) at Russian Review, the renowned Russian Studies Journal, housed in CREES.
- Attend a wide variety of international events and lectures by prominent speakers
- Participate in excellent study abroad programs in Russia, Ukraine, Croatia, Czech Republic and Kazakhstan
- Benefit from small classroom size and individualized guidance on career development
- Explore KU library resources, unparalleled in the Central Plains, featuring thousands of bound volumes and electronic resources in all disciplines.
For questions regarding the application process or M.A. program, please contact Graduate Advisor, Clare Thoman, at email@example.com or (785) 864-9814